Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quick Sqasush and Spinach Side Dish

Since I am sure everyone is trying to abide by the "My Plate" guidlines, putting together a vegetable dish sometimes can be tough. Eating the same old veggies everyday is usually pretty boring so I thought I'd put up a simple post of a very tasty vegetable combo that I made earlier today that I absolutely loved. I didnt measure out the ingrdients since I was just cooking for one but I'll let you know what used and how I used them!



Ingredients
Oil
1 small squash sliced
2 hand full raw spinach
2 cloves garlic (minced)
dried rosemary
dried thyme
lemon juice
salt


Directions
Start by heating your skillet. Let it warm up as you cut up your squash. Add the squash to the skillet and just a splash of oil. Saute the squash until pieces are starting to turn tranlucent. Add minced garlic. Continute saute on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the raw spinach on top. Sprinkle salt over vegetables. Cook until spinach is welting. Add a few pinches of rosemary and a pinch of thyme. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top. Mix all the ingredients under low heat for another minute. Serve and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment