Saturday, March 10, 2012

Warm Tofu + Spicy Sauce

Ashley's in town!! So we are cooking!! For her first night we made "Warm Tofu with Spicy Garlic Sauce" that I actually found through Pinterest (obsessed with that website, but I mean who isn't right?). The recipe is from Gourmet and it is the most simplistic recipe, almost, ever. Also very new, as I have never prepared tofu the way it calls for, just simmer in warm water, go figure. The sauce, which I will definitely use again for a satay or a marinade, takes just minutes to make but packed with flavor. Oh but I should warn you they were not kidding when they named it "Spicy Garlic Sauce" because Holie Mac was it was spicy! I literally had to put my hair up. Oh but was it just delicious mMmm! It was served family style, because hey thats a pretty huge chunk of tofu, a little jasmine rice to go along side and wham- a flavorful and very fulfilling meal. 








-kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment