Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vegan "Tuna" Sandwitch filling

This recipie is inspired by Vegan Planet Cookbook, but of course I made it my own by using ingredients that I had on hand. I have never been a big fan of the taste of tuna, so I was not dissapointed when this recipe didn't taste exactly like fish. But it will make for a great sandwitch filler or also could be enjoyed on crackers! I hope you find it enjoyable as I did:)

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 c Great Northern Beans
  • 1/2 c blanched, slivered almonds
  • Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 1tbsp & 1 tsp chopped shallots
  • 1/3 c chopped celery
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1/4 c vegenaise (aka vegan mayonnaise)
  • 1 1/2 tsp whole grain dijon mustard
Directions
In a food processor, blend Great Northern Beans and Almonds
It is okay for some of the almonds or beans to remain whole, just aim for an overall "mush" texture.
Transfer beans and almonds into a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients( lemon juice, shallots, celery, green onion, vegenaise, mustard)
Mix ingredients well.
Refridgerate for 30 or more minutes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment